Noticed a problem within the town which needs attention? North Lincolnshire Council can be contacted direct to report and problems within the town such as dog mess, highways, flytipping and environmental health issues. Residents can call the main switchboard on 01724 297000. A list of numbers for various departments is also listed below.

For any enquiries for matters not listed, or if you feel you have not had a satisfactory response when contacting NLC please contact the Town Clerk on 01652 648978 who will be happy to assist.

NLC Forthcoming Meetings - Please Click Here








Phone Number


Web Address

Traffic and Parking problems

Enforcing speed limits

Traffic calming

01724 296685

Problems with dogs including fouling and stray animals

01724 297000

Recycling/Refuse Collection



Street cleaning

01724 297000

Planning Applications and Development Control

01724 297420



Problems with highway drainage, road gullies, manholes ONLY

(For other flooding matters contact Anglian Water 08457 145145 or Severn Trent 0800 7834444 or Floodline 0845 9881188)

01724 296686/7



Problems with roads and footpaths

Highway maintenance

Road signs

Maintenance of Verges


01724 296686/7



Faulty, damaged or missing streetlights

01724 298517



Pollution (noise, air quality, contaminated land)

01724 297619/20/22/33



Pest Control

01724 297626/7



Rights of way

01724 297391



Crime – Safer Neighbourhoods Partnership

(To report a crime call Humberside Police on 0845 60 60 222 (non emergency Number)

01724 275327



Trees causing obstruction on footpaths or roads

01724 297395